Fractalify is a web app that allows to create beautiful fractals in a matter of seconds. Its purpose is mainly entertainment but perhaps the results could be useful to designers and artists. There are several pre-programmed rules for the creation of fractals, more will be available with the full release. The app is still in development, but an early Alpha version is available right now.
- Draw a shape, the simpler the better (you can pick the line and background color in the “Draw” menu)
- From the Fractallize menu select the fractal type and drag the mouse over the shape you drew
- Each time you drag your mouse over the shape it adds one fractal generation
The Alpha version is pretty raw and there are some known issues I’m currently working on:
- NOT mobile friendly – mobile/touch screen version is still unavailable
- Saved images need to be manually renamed to a file with a .png extension
- Zooming in and out can lead to unpredictable results